Thursday, May 5, 2016

Moving on to the next chapter!

"The dream begins, most of the time, with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you on to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth." --Dan Rather


I never thought this moment would come as fast as it did. Sitting in class the first day, I imagined the end of this class being, what would feel like, years away. This semester flew by and I have learned so much about teaching, learning and myself in such a short time. In the beginning this class was one of the most stressful and complicated classes. Although I felt that way all semester, it is hard to admit that this class has helped me grow so much and I learned more than I thought was possible in a quick, short semester. I feel that I have never done as much work for another class as I did for this class. Everyday was a new challenge, but it only helped me to become a better learner, educator and future teacher! This is one class that has definitely prepared me for my future as a teacher.

Coming into this class, I knew it was focused heavily on technology. I thought I knew enough about technology and technological resources to use in the classroom. But, I was very, very wrong! I learned about so many new resources that I will definitely be using in the future.

The thought of having to create three lessons and teach them to a class in front of my classmates was one of the scariest thoughts. After doing it and succeeding, I felt so much more confident in front of the classroom and behind the scenes preparing lessons. Throughout this class I learned a lot about effectively working together and communication. A huge portion of this class was working with others and succeeding as a team. Although it was very difficult at times, it has shown me the importance of collaboration and team work.

I can take with me all the new skills, philosophies, knowledge and experience I learned in this class and use it in my future. I have prepared a lot of activities that I can see my future students loving! In the end, for the most part, the knowledge and wisdom I have gained was worth the stress!





Here are the links to my fellow classmates blog posts that I have commented on: 

No comments:

Post a Comment