Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mock Interview

Time for an interview!

Today in class we had a mock interview. My four classmates, Mallory, Emily, Erin and Melissa took on the role of a principal/administrators and prepared thought provoking questions for us to answer.
We did not know what questions they were going to ask us. At the end, the administrators all came together and they chose who they would hire for their school. One person from each group got hired. 


This was certainly a nerve-wracking experience at first. We had to think on our toes and come up with well thought out, educated and relevant answer to the question. This was excellent practice for a real interview that most of us will be going on in the very near future. We had to reflect and think about everything that we learned all semester in order to come up with professional and accurate answers. One of the questions that really stood out to me was asked by Mallory. She asked "How would you manage a classroom during a cooperative lesson to ensure that there is valuable learning going on and not just chaos in the classroom?" This question stood out to me because it incorporated so many principles and values we learned in class. It goes to show that everything we learn overlaps. In order to answer this question you need to know about proper classroom management, cooperative lesson requirements as well as valuable learning. A question like this is one that we can all definitely except to get at a real job interview. 


Overall, this was a wonderful learning experience that really kept me on my toes. I got the chance to share my experience and opinions about different topics that we explored all semester in class. My classmates and I took this very serious and it really provided us all with a great learning experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Rose,
    The mock interview was a very interesting experience! I'm glad my question was helpful to you in the interview process. I agree that it was a great practice experience for a real job interview. It is scary to think about how close we are to real job interviews but that's where we are in our lives!

    ReplyDelete