Monday, February 1, 2016

Twas the night before fieldwork!

 
            Tomorrow is the first day of fieldwork!  

I am extremely excited but quite nervous as well. I cannot wait to get into the classroom and meet the students whom I will be working and teaching over the course of the next month or so!

            For the first day of fieldwork, my group and I will be bringing in a book called “So You Want to be President” by Judith St. George and David Small

This is a great book that I think the students will really enjoy. The book talks about past presidents and shows children that anyone can be president! This will help to get the students thinking about the past presidents. While we read the book we will be asking the students some questions to try to get an idea of what they know about the leaders of our country!

            In addition to reading the book, we will also be doing an activity to get to know each other. We have printed out a puzzle piece and we will ask the students to write their name on it. On the puzzle piece the students will be asked to write about things they like such as their favorite foods, movies, colors etc. My group and I will be doing this as well so we can all get the chance to learn a little bit about each other and become comfortable with one another. I think this will be a great chance for the students to express themselves since they can make it any way they want.


            I am very excited to be able to jump right in and get started on fieldwork. Although I am a little nervous, I am sure once I get in the classroom and get to know the students I will be feeling great and confident! 


1 comment:

  1. First, I really like your title for this blog, along with the pictures you used in it. I think everyone was nervous and excited for the first day. I am glad we had each other to support each other and brainstorm ideas to get to know our students. I like the book we used and I feel it's a great way to get students thinking about the topic they will be learning. The puzzle piece project helped all of us get to know each other better and our students. The puzzle piece is also great because they all fit together like our group and our students. When we learn, we are all growing together. I am glad we got to know each other and work together!

    ReplyDelete